CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, November 6, 2011

Veteran's Day Project

Veteran's Day is this Friday, November 11, 2011.  In first grade, we have been talking about our veterans and other community heroes.   As a special project, I contacted a friend from high school who is in the Air Force.  She gave me the contact information for Sgt. Brewster, a soldier currently stationed in Afghanistan.   We wrote letters to Sgt. Brewster and then students were recorded reading their letters using Voicethread.  I sent the book of letters over to him a few weeks ago and I included the link for the Voicthread, so he could hear the students actual voices.  I have not heard from him yet, but hope I will soon!

Here is our final project:



Have a great week!


Jill

0 comments:

Post a Comment